Amazing the power that a photo has.
These photos were taken at my grandparents’ 50th wedding anniversary party at their home in Marcus, Iowa, some 40 years ago in the early 1970s. I wasn’t even there that evening. It was a card party for their friends and relatives. No kids allowed.
However, I probably saw these slides dozens and dozens of times. And every time we watched them, we would laugh as Grandpa wound up and laid a wet one on our Grandma.
The Kodak carousels of slides were stacked and organized next to my Dad’s desk. He set up the screen in the living room and we went through a handful of carousels regularly. And just as regularly, a slide would get stuck in the carousel. My Dad would swear in his PG-garbled way: “You-dirty-rotten-shin-rackin-mother-som-bidder.” And then my mother’s warning: “Jerry?”
No doubt, without this slide, I would not know of this moment. But because of it, I can remember my grandparents. My gentle, inventive Grandpa and my tough, creative Grandma.
I can see them kiss forever.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: KISS (lifeandink.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Kiss? (chrisbreebaart.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Kiss (murphymusthavehadkids.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Kiss (mytropicalhome.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Kiss (klling.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Kiss (miljoanne.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Kiss (ahecticlife.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Kiss II (miljoanne.com)