I visited Maine on a quick overnight trip for work this past week. There wasn’t much blue sky while there, but we had a chance to visit the Olson farm, where Andrew Wyeth painted some of his most famous works, including “Christina’s World.” The imposing farmhouse still stands and Wyeth is buried there. Of course, we also enjoyed a lobster dinner while watching a lightning storm rip through the sky all around us. Here are some memories of the trip.
- Andrew Wyeth (1917-2009) (marygilmartin.wordpress.com)
- Learning from Andrew Wyeth Through Books (visualfling.com)
- Collection of Paintings from Three Generations of Wyeth at Christie’s (extravaganzi.com)
- 6 Wyeth paintings fetch $2M at NYC auction (wgme.com)
- Elli in Christina’s World (spiritlens.wordpress.com)